If you live on the East Coast of the United States, know this: A major winter storm is coming for you.
Almost the entire East Coast is currently under a winter storm watch or warning, meaning snow, sleet, and icy conditions are possible or imminent. Blizzard conditions are expected in many coastal areas in the Mid Atlantic and in New England. It’s the last thing East Coasters are looking forward to after enduring one of the coldest holiday seasons on record.
Here’s the latest map of watches and warnings from the National Weather Service:
By the end of this week, parts of the Northeast will be colder than Mars.
At Mount Washington Observatory in New Hampshire, the temperature will plunge to minus 35 degrees Friday night into Saturday, weather observer Taylor Regan said. At last check several days ago, the high temperature on Mars was minus 2 degrees Fahrenheit.
But it’s not just New England suffering winter’s wrath. Freezing rain, sleet, and snow are smothering parts of the Southeast on Wednesday.
From Maine to Florida, every East Coast state has at least one weather advisory, winter storm watch, winter storm warning or blizzard warning. That’s 1,500 miles of severe weather alerts.
Here are the latest key messages from the National Weather Service about this winter weather system:
1. Freezing rain and sleet have transitioned to all snow over South Carolina. Snowfall will increase northward into portions of the Mid-Atlantic and northern New England through tonight. Blizzard conditions are possible over eastern Long Island and portions of coastal New England, and also near the mouth of the Chesapeake Bay and Hampton Roads.
2. Confidence in accumulating snowfall has increased for parts of the Northeast as the surface low is expected to track closer to the coast and intensify rapidly.
3. This system has the potential to produce strong, damaging winds possibly resulting in downed trees and/or power outages.
4. Minor to major coastal flooding/erosion is possible due to a combination of high tides and wave action, especially Thursday afternoon, January 4.
5. Warnings are in effect from southeast Georgia northward through eastern New England, which means hazardous conditions are expected in the next 24-36 hours.
And liberals are trying to tell me that there is a global warming, yeah right!
In any case, if you live on the east coast share this info with everyone you care!
Alex D is a conservative journalist, who covers all issues of importance for conservatives. He writes for Supreme Insider, Red State Nation, Defiant America, and Right Journalism. He brings attention and insight from what happens in the White House to the streets of American towns, because it all has an impact on our future, and the country left for our children. Exposing the truth is his ultimate goal, mixed with wit where it’s appropriate, and feels that journalism shouldn’t be censored. Join him & let’s spread the good word!