Guns in the hands of honest citizens save lives and property and, yes, gun-control laws adversely affect only the law-abiding citizens.
With guns, we are “citizens”. Without them, we are “subjects”.
New Jersey already had among the toughest gun laws in the United States when Gov. Phil Murphy took office, but the new Democratic governor didn’t waste any time to crack down even further amid a contentious national debate over gun control.
Murphy is expected on Wednesday to sign a package of bills further tightening the regulation of firearms in the Garden State.
The following bills are sitting on Murphy’s desk:
* A1217, which will create restraining orders in the state allowing family members and others to ask a judge to have a person’s guns seized and ban them from buying weapons for up to a year.
* A1181, which will mandate law enforcement in the state to seize a person’s guns if a mental health professional determines they pose a threat to themselves.
* A2758, which will strictly define that state residents need to show a “justifiable need” to obtain a permit to carry a handgun — meaning they must show they face a specific threat to their own safety.
* A2757, which will require all private gun sales in the state to go through a licensed dealer who can perform an additional background check at the point of sale.
* A2759, which will create an outright ban in the state on possessing armor-piercing bullets.
* A2761, which will ban magazines in the state that hold more than 10 rounds, with some exceptions.
A seventh gun control bill would ban “ghost guns” that are assembled with untraceable components. That measure (S2465) was passed 37-0 in the Senate but has not yet gotten a vote in the Assembly.
Murphy, who succeeded term-limited Republican Chris Christie this year, campaigned on the promise to strengthen the state’s laws. Current state law bans assault weapons, limits magazine clip sizes and requires permits to carry a concealed weapon.
This is not good for our second amendment!
Gun-rights advocates and other extremists act like every attempt to create sane and logical regulations on guns is a fascist assault on their freedom.
This has to stop!
Facebook has greatly reduced the distribution of our stories in our readers’ newsfeeds and is instead promoting mainstream media sources. When you share with your friends, however, you greatly help distribute our content. Please take a moment and consider sharing this article with your friends and family. Thank you
Alex D is a conservative journalist, who covers all issues of importance for conservatives. He writes for Supreme Insider, Red State Nation, Defiant America, Right Journalism and Conservative US. He brings attention and insight from what happens in the White House to the streets of American towns, because it all has an impact on our future, and the country left for our children. Exposing the truth is his ultimate goal, mixed with wit where it’s appropriate, and feels that journalism shouldn’t be censored. Join him & let’s spread the good word!